Precision is paramount when it comes to civil and structural engineering. Thankfully, technology has resulted in better planning, time management, organization, and attention to detail in both these engineering disciplines.
While civil engineering focuses more on design elements and structural engineering ensures materials can support the design of the structure, technology has allowed for greater efficiency, productivity, and collaboration, and thus, more accurate and meticulous design and structural results.
HOW CONNOLLY ENGINEERING EMBRACES TECHNOLOGY FOR ITS PROJECTS.
Since 2002, Connolly Engineering has provided exceptional civil and structural engineering services for a wide variety of commercial and residential buildings, educational facilities, specialty structures, religious buildings, agricultural structures, and more.
“Our commitment to using the highest level engineering processes and technologies in all of our work lay the foundation for our dedication to quality design, from structure conception to completion,” said Daniel T. Connolly, PE and founder/owner of Connolly Engineering, PLLC. As highly reputable civil and structural engineers in the New York City and greater Hudson Valley area, we use the latest innovations to ensure detailed and meticulous blueprints, schematics, and drafts for our clients and partners. Here’s a snapshot of the systems used by our firm and how they help guarantee design and structural excellence for our clients.
SAP2000: PROVIDES INTEGRATED SOFTWARE FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS & DESIGN.
Introduced to the field over 30 years ago, the SAP name is known for state-of-the-art analytical methods. SAP2000 features “highly a sophisticated, intuitive and versatile user interface powered by an unmatched analysis engine and design tools for engineers working on transportation, industrial, public works, sports, and other facilities.”
SAP2000 serves as the perfect tool for designing, analyzing, and modeling structural systems of any complexity and any project type.
Integrated, productive, and practical, this general purpose structural program enables our firm to execute a number of tasks. From analysis to the design of structural models, SAP2000 makes our day-to-day work dramatically easier and more efficient. Whether we are working with a simple small 2D static frame analysis or a large complex 3D nonlinear dynamic analysis, SAP2000 provides the most productive and dynamic solution for structural analysis and design.
Here are just a few of the many advantages of using SAP2000:
- One powerful user interface integrates a wide variety of analysis and design options
- Basic to complex models can be modeled, analyzed, designed, and optimized
- The SAPFire® Analysis Engine is integral to SAP2000 and drives a sophisticated finite-element analysis process
- From buildings and bridges to speciality structures, there are limited design possibilities
RISA: ENABLES POWERFUL CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING DESIGN AND ANALYSIS SOLUTIONS.
“Where vision becomes structure,” is the focus of Risa, which develops intuitive and easy to use structural engineering software designed for power and accuracy. Regardless of any planning or construction challenges we face, Risa’s software suite provides seamless integration and helps us deliver quality results for our clients.
This systems allows for:
- Robust analysis and design: From buildings and bridges large and small, we’re able to rapidly create virtually any type of structure
- Comprehensive presentation of results: Complete with both graphical and numerical results with detailed output, we are able to create the highest level of design reports
- Effortless effort of editing models: Risa is at the forefront of technology and is constantly finding ways to make the process as efficient as possible for engineers. This means delivering at a higher speed for our amazing clients!
- Versatile solutions allow for seamless integration: RISAFoundation, RISAFloor, and RISAConnection allow us to handle any challenge. With RISAFoundation, we’re able to design a wide range of concrete foundation elements. RISAFloor enables our team to use BIM models or start fresh with an intuitive floor-based modeling environment – ideal for building floor systems constructed of multiple materials. RISAConnection provides interactive connection design for the planning and design of individual steel connections
RAM: ALLOWS FOR HIGH QUALITY AND ECONOMICAL STRUCTURAL DESIGN.
The Finite Element Method (FEM) is the most widely used practice for solving problems of engineering and mathematical models. Finite Element modeling software such RAM enables our team to easily create designs for virtually any structural projects using various concrete, steel, and joist building materials.
Using RAM, our team of civil and structural engineers are able to efficiently design, analyze, and create documentation with ease in an effort to save time and money for our clients.
Bentley, the company to produce RAM is focused on software that, “Works like an engineer thinks.”
Other benefits of RAM include:
- One fully integrated application suite offers complete building analysis, design, and drafting for both steel and concrete structures
- Productivity is increased by eliminating tedious and time consuming tasks
- From from individual components to large-scale buildings and foundations, we can design virtually any structure
TEKLA: HELPS US BRING OUR PROJECT VISIONS TO LIFE.
Our team uses Tekla software for building and site component analysis. Made by technology company, Trimble, known in the industry for its vision of transforming the way the world works, Tekla allows us to deliver the safest and most effective designs for our clients.
With software tools for structural engineers created by structural engineers is powerful for both large and small projects, regardless of the structural material. Highly automated, optimized and intelligent, these solutions keep the process productive and profitable.
Built on the free flow of information, constructible models and collaboration, Tekla software for construction and structural and civil engineering maximizes time and helps our team exceed client and partner expectations.
Here are a few things Tekla software allows for:
- Sharing, evaluating, and managing design changes, collaboratively and seamlessly across the project team
- A full comprehensive and optimized solution from start to finish
- Interoperability and open BIM
- Improved efficiency
- Streamlined change management
- A focus on good communication
UTILIZING TECHNOLOGY FOR BETTER PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION.
Our team of civil and structural engineers rely on dynamic and modern technology to deliver accurate and effective designs and construction our clients.
Connolly said, “Our firm is committed to using only the very best innovations and technological advancement to ensure the success of all our projects. Whether we’re working on structural analysis and design or creating construction drawings, our goal is productivity and efficiency to keep your project on budget and always moving forward.”
Client service and satisfaction are our highest priorities. You can be comfortable knowing the civil and structural engineering services we provide are always exceptional, made more efficient and accurate through advanced tools and software.
With decades of experience and expertise, we are always looking for solutions and strategies to make the planning and design process as seamless and budget conscious as possible.
Connect with us today to schedule a complimentary consultation to talk about your project!